Table topping Kings Langley put London Tigers to the sword

editorial image

A crowd swelled by the offer of free admission saw Kings Langley serve up a feast of attacking football as they continued their quest for back to back promotions, mauling London Tigers 6-1 in the process.

Dean Hitchcock set Kings on their way when his low shot beat Arlyn Pampolim after just four minutes, following good approach play from Alex Campana.

The latter put a sublime through-ball into the path of Mitchell Weiss 15 minutes later and the speed and control of the in-form striker saw him round the keeper and slot home for 2-0.

Tigers were also playing some attractive interpassing football, but making little impression in the box, and they had to wait until the 38th minute before Sebastian Philogene had their first serious shot on goal.

The second half was four minutes old when Lee Burgoyne found Danny Hutchins, who showed exquisite control to beat two defenders in a tight box and rifle home the third.

Almost immediately, a four-man move of sheer artistry began with Tom Carter’s pass to Weiss, who turned direction and his man, took the ball to the corner flag and crossed for Sam Warrell to set up Campana who finished from wide right.

There was still no respite for the Tigers as Burgoyne won the ball and played in Campana. His shot was handled by Gregory Ngeno, with Hutchins converting the resulting penalty.

The last quarter was a quieter affair, as both sides used all three substitutes, but the visitors found some consolation when John Startin pulled one back seven minutes from the end.

Kings had the last say, however, when Hutchins again demonstrated his skills on the wing and picked out Daryl Atkins, who finished from close range.

Jabir Laraba saw his penalty hit the post at the death after an over exuberant tackle from Joe Debayo, but by then Kings had warmed the crowd on a cold night and shown any new supporters what the faithful already knew; Kings are on fire and running away with the title