Hark, The Herald fail to win

editorial image


THE freezing weather put paid to a number of matches this weekend, with only a handful surviving the harsh conditions.

In the Premier Division, the only match to go ahead was The Herald’s game against AFC Boars, The Herald losing 3-4 despite goals from Karl Davidson, Simon Quigley and Scott Carrington.

Ricky Parkins, James Davies (pen), Harry Leach and Jay Austin scored for Boars.

In Division One, VFC beat Old Grey Mare 3-5, Michael Chance (2), Ben Freeman, Ben Hammond and Jack Collier the VFC scorers, with Adam McLelland, Greg Dormer and Andy Lee on the scoresheet for Mare.

Meanwhile, in the division’s only other fixture to go ahead, Warners End were 2-0 victors over AFC Rovers, with Tom Gray and Ned Ozkasim the scorers.

In Division Two, the only game to be played was Tring Royals against Blackbirds Rangers, and Tring will be wishing there were more results to deflect attention from the 6-1 drubbing they received.

Gareth Carder (2), Paul Lelliot (2), Dave Browne and Robbie Hull took the spoils for Rangers, with Doug Mothersole grabbing Tring’s consolation.

By comparison, Divisions Three and Four saw a healthy fixture list, with only one game in each division cancelled.

AC Grapes were 9-0 winners over AMG United, Drew Duggan (2), Justin Seymour (3), Brian Green (2), Chris Gillard and Beuw Conibear the men claiming all the glory.

Inter Hemel Sunday beat Potten End Sunday 3-2, Ryan Smith (2) and Adam Griffin the scorers for Inter and Lee Talbot and Sam Soloman scoring for Potten End.

The Three Blackbirds lost 2-3 to The Bull Athletic, Scott Bangerte and Darren Hewitt on the scoresheet, with Gus Quigley, Lee Maloney and Mike Hunt striking for The Bull.

And in Division Four, Apsley Athletic were beaten 1-3 at home by Hemel Corinthians Reserves, Dan Pym hitting the net for Apsley, Daniel Bond, Daniel Chan and Craig Sharples scoring for Corinthians.

Wayne Bennet and Paul Wilkins (2) ensured a 3-2 win for Green Park Rovers over The Olde Red Lion, Dan Hutchinson and Jamie Long grabbing their two, while Palace FC and The Kings Arms held on for a 2-2 draw, Kenny Fitzgerald and Chris Richards scoring for Palace, and Glen Walsh and Luke Wildig for Kings.

The Three Tuns managed to put eight past The Old Bell Gate. Scorers were Josh Leeson (2), Lewis Woreham, Joe Hutchins, Alex Kingsley, Wayne Chatfield, Sam Curran and Dan Green; Kirren Taylor grabbing the Old Bell Gate’s sole consolation.