Hemel Hempstead Town FC: The title-winning season in numbers

Hemel Hempstead Town FC club crest
Hemel Hempstead Town FC club crest

Hemel Hempstead Town FC had a season to remember as they clinched promotion to the Conference South – football statistics and predictions website betstatz.com looks at just how they did it.

> Best Attack in England (from Premier League to Division 7): Hemel Hempstead have scored an average of 2.91 goals per game over 44 league games, ranking #1 in England in 2013/2014 and securing them the title of ‘Best attack in English football for 2013/2014.’

> In 2013/2014, Hemel Hempstead have scored 65 of their 128 goals in the first half (51%), with the other 63 coming in the second half (49%).

> Top 10 defence in England (from Premier League to Division 7): Hemel Hempstead have kept 20 clean sheets in 44 league games (45.45%), ranking #9 in England in 2013/2014.

> Hemel have been clinical in finishing the game when leading at HT: In the 29 out of 44 league games that Hemel Hempstead have been winning at HT this season, they’ve won 28 and drawn 1.

> Fortress Vauxhall Road: Hemel Hempstead have an average goal difference per game of +2.73 over their 22 league games at home, ranking #1 in England in 2013/2014.

> Hemel have also won an average of 2.59 points per game from their 22 league games at home, ranking #2 in England in 2013/2014.

> Hemel Hempstead have kept 12 clean sheets in their 22 league games at home (54.55%), ranking #6 in England in 2013/2014.

> Hemel Hempstead have conceded an average of 0.64 goals per game over their 22 league games at home, ranking #5 in England in 2013/2014.

> Hemel’s away form is not as strong as their home form but still remains impressive: Hemel Hempstead have conceded an average of 1.09 goals per game over their 22 league games away from home, ranking #31 in England in 2013/2014.

>Hemel Hempstead have scored an average of 2.45 goals per game over their 22 league games at home, ranking #3 in England in 2013/2014.

All stats courtesy of www.betstatz.com