Could your team win the first Dacorum Volunteer League challenge? Why not join the team from Dacorum Mencap, the first team to sign up?
Our first event is a charity bag pack at Marks and Spencer in the Marlowes, Hemel from Friday August 1 until Sunday August 3.
You will have 2 hours to see how much you can raise. Places are limited so call us on 01442 247209 to find out more.
1. What is the Volunteer League? This is a way for teams of volunteers to get involved in community events and win points for their team.
2. Who can join the League? The League is open to teams from businesses, schools, community groups and charities as well as groups of friends or family members.
3. How do teams join the League? It is free to join the League this year. You just need to register your interest at the Volunteer Centre.
4. How do teams win points? Points are allocated either for the amount of money raised by the team or for the number of volunteering hours they build up.
5. How many people do we need to join in? This will vary according to the type of activity you get involved in. Teams of four or five are needed for the M&S bag pack events. Other events will need teams of different sizes.
6. How can my charity or community group get involved? If you have an idea for a team event or need help with a practical project that could become a League activity, speak to a member of the Volunteer Centre Team.
7. When will the League begin? The first qualifying event is the M&S charity bag pack from August 1-3.
8. When will the League end for 2014? The League will end for this year on Sunday November 30. So any volunteering you have carried out for a qualifying event from August 1 until November 30 will count towards your final score.