Hairdresser faces the chop for wig charity
A hairdresser has pledged to have her blonde locks chopped off in aid of a children’s charity.
Mum-of-two Sarah McGuinness will have 13 inches hacked off her precious barnet and the hair will be donated to The Little Princess Trust, which makes wigs for youngsters suffering hair loss.
Sarah, of Chaulden, Hemel Hempstead, is also asking for sponsorship for the fundraiser, which will leave her with a short cropped boy-style hair cut.
The 27-year-old said: “It is quite daunting because my hair is my everything – I’m one of those girls.
“I know people that have lost their hair and their lives to cancer but my hair will grow back, so I’m doing my bit.”
Mobile hairdresser Kelly Strong will be cutting Sarah’s hair, although she is willing to let someone else do it if they pledge enough cash.
It is happening at The Red Lion in Kings Langley on Friday, October 19.
To sponsor Sarah visit www.justgiving.com/Sarah-McGuinness1
- UPDATE: Staff from Tring’s oldest family business distraught after track death tragedy
- Inquest opens after Berkhamsted man dies in track death tragedy
- Interesting facts about Berkhamsted
- Will £65,000 humps solve problem of Berkhamsted smash blackspot?
- Berkhamsted’s Petertide Fair raises thousands for charity
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North