Grandad dies after garden bonfire error

George Pearce
George Pearce
0
Have your say

A GRANDFATHER of two who accidentally set himself on fire while doing the gardening has been described as a caring and popular man.

George Pearce, 78, suffered from 70 per cent burns after a bonfire outside his Ashley Green home went badly wrong.

His sister Rose Dunton, from Chesham, said: “He was out there on Saturday afternoon and he was burning up the rubbish in his garden.

“He put some white spirits on there to help it burn and I think it blew up, setting all of his clothes alight.”

More news and pictures in the Gazette every week.