Fire crews warn of the dangers of carbon monoxide

News
News

Herts firefighters have been using Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week to spread safety messages to homes around the county.

Crews went door to door explaining the risks of carbon monoxide and asking families to consider the safety of their homes, and to warn that the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be easily mistaken for a flu or virus.

Herts County Council cabinet member for community safety and planning Richard Thake said: “As the cold weather approaches, Herts families will be turning on their heating to stay warm. Therefore, now is the ideal time to have appliances checked by a qualified engineer and to buy a carbon monoxide alarm in order to protect loved ones from the dangers of CO poisoning.”

Visit hertsdirect.org for more on the dangers.