Burnt cooking 999 fire alert at Hemel flat
A pizza left cooking for too long sparked a 999 fire alert.
Two firefighting crews from Hemel Hempstead rushed to the ground floor flat in St Albans Road just before 6.30am on Sunday.
It is believed the man inside had fallen asleep and firefighters had to kick the door in to gain access.
They had been alerted by sleeping neighbours who woke to the smell of smoke.
Firefighters ventilated the property before leaving.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west