Blocks of flats agreed for ‘sylvan’ Felden
Around a dozen people turned out to voice their opposition to plans for a scheme of flats in a ‘sylvan’ area of Felden.
A meeting of Dacorum Borough Council’s development control committee gave the nod despite concerns about the flats being out of character with the single, detached homes of Beechwood Park and Box Lane.
Under the plans a single home in a large plot at 27 Box Lane will be demolished to make way for a five-bed detached house and two blocks of five two-bed apartments.
Councillor Gbola Adeleke, who represents the area, told the meeting: “It is indeed the pride of our borough. There is no precedent for apartment blocks in Beechwood Park and Box Lane.”
Councillor Rosemarie Hollinghurst said: “I can well understand the neighbours feeling a sudden invasion of 10 families is rather overwhelming but we need houses.”
The plans were delegated with a view to approval by a narrow vote of six to five.
- UPDATE: Staff from Tring’s oldest family business distraught after track death tragedy
- Inquest opens after Berkhamsted man dies in track death tragedy
- Interesting facts about Berkhamsted
- Will £65,000 humps solve problem of Berkhamsted smash blackspot?
- Berkhamsted’s Petertide Fair raises thousands for charity
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North