The garage of a semi-detached house was destroyed by a fire on Friday afternoon.
Flames tore through the garage in Princes Close from about 3.30pm.
Hemel Hempstead fire station watch commander Greig Bescoby said: “The garage was destroyed and will probably have to be taken down.”
Mr Bescoby led the operation, which included two fire engines from his station and one from Berkhamsted.
Firefighters had to take off the roof of the garage, and the exterior of an extension at the back of the house was also damaged.
Mr Bescoby said the fire, which was put out by 5.40pm without injury, was accidental and caused by something electrical.