Rush hour car fire on the M1
Firefighters took 16 phone calls about a rush hour fire on the M1 today, Monday.
Passing motorists had seen a Vauxhall Vectra in flames on the hard shoulder of the southbound M1 by the exit road at Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead.
Fire crews from Hemel Hempstead, Redbourn and Markyate rushed there at 8.45am and had put the blaze out by 9.20am.
They said that the fire began accidentally.
- UPDATE: Staff from Tring’s oldest family business distraught after track death tragedy
- Inquest opens after Berkhamsted man dies in track death tragedy
- Interesting facts about Berkhamsted
- Will £65,000 humps solve problem of Berkhamsted smash blackspot?
- Berkhamsted’s Petertide Fair raises thousands for charity
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North